A Gloriously Curious Competition for Young Creatives
Off the back of my book 'The Glorious Book of Curious Cocktails' I am running a competition for young artists and writers to WIN PRIZES!
The Glorious Book of Curious Cocktails is a disgustingly delicious recipe book which teaches children all about onomatopoeia, alliteration and other literary devices. This humorous book contains ridiculous recipes, fun activity pages and real recipes that children can make using edible ingredients. Children are encouraged to use language and drawing to invent their own silly recipes, developing literacy skills and imagination. Inspired by the response from the book, I am running a competition for children to enter their most ridiculous inventions.
HOW TO ENTER
Simply send me your own really ridiculous recipe invention for a crazy cocktail. This can be in the form of a drawing and/or a list of ingredients (you can add the method too if you like). You don’t have to have read the book but it might help you! The ingredients can be anything you like, from slimy snails to magical mermaid's tails. They can be utterly delicious, mind-bogglingly ridiculous or absolutely disgusting, but make sure you use lots of imagination! Please send scans or photos of your recipe drawings and ingredients to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, age and address and the name of your cocktail. See full details at the bottom of this post.
Here's an example of a silly cocktail recipe from the book:
If you want to, you can use these sheets to help you if you wish (please note, younger children can just enter a drawing, please see T&Cs below).
An example entry, courtesy of Collingwood Primary School in Hull
1st prize: £20 Waterstones voucher, signed copy of The Glorious Book of Curious Cocktails, activity book, stickers, a sketchbook and pens. I will also re-create your cocktail idea and send you an original signed print of it.
2 x runners up: £5 Waterstones voucher, signed copy of The Glorious Book of Curious Cocktails, activity book stickers, a sketchbook and pens.
- All children aged 3-11 may enter. Entries will be judged for use of imagination, drawing and writing/literacy use, with exceptions for younger children who will be judged on imagination/drawing (adults please write descriptions if necessary!)
- All children will be credited and their entries will be used online on my blog/social media once the competition prizes have been announced.
- Entries should be made via email to email@example.com with attachments no bigger than 8mb. Please make sure scan and photographs are clear. If you cannot send digitally please send to:
Studio 03, Sum Studios, 1 Hartley Street, Sheffield, S2 3AQ
(PLEASE NOTE ORIGINAL DRAWINGS CANNOT BE RETURNED)
- Please include the child's name, age, address and the name of the cocktail entry.
- Deadline Jan 31st 2018.
- Winners will be announced on 8th Feb 2018 on social media and will be contacted directly via email.
- Judges decision is final
- No slime to be sent in the post